To the competitiors on here

Metal85

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
Any off the wall shoulder exercises that arent in just the traditional things to do for shoulders that you want to share? Shoulders are tomorrow and I want to try atleast 1 new excercise if possible, I do alot of different stuff for shoulders but more experienced peeps usually have learned something different.
Thanks

No secrets here bro..just laterals, laterals and more laterals...thats what the shoulder is designed to do...lift progressivly rather than trying to figure out new crazy exercises to "fool" or "shock" the muscle...that stuff is garbage IMO

Plate raises
Arnold Presses
Military Press(Touch your collarbone with the bar)

Love shoulders, pushed up some 100s on db shoulder press for the first time the other day, plate raises have to be my favorite shoulder exercise tho, they seem to hit the spot.

For rear delts I do something that I've never seen anyone else do that really hits them and makes me sore the next day. Sit in a lifting seat or at the end of a bench, hold heavy dumbbells straight down to your sides, then pull the weight up, but kick your elbows back sort of like a row. If you do it while you're at home, you'll see that your rear delts really contract and get an idea of what I'm talking about. The weight stops around your waist line

My main exercise is a wide grip upright row. My hands are placed just wider than shoulder width and my elbows go just above parallel. I'll work up to 10 with 225lbs.

Thanks guys I do most this stuff except what Big said which im trying to picture still

Thanks guys I do most this stuff except what Big said which im trying to picture still

Basically just pull the weight from straight down to you waist kicking your elbows back. Almost like dragging the weight up your legs and stopping at your waist, you really can't go much higher than that anyway

Here's a list of stuff for you...

Anterior Deltoid

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
</TD><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
[SIZE=-1]Also see Biceps exercises for similar stretches.[/SIZE]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Lateral Deltoid

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%">
[SIZE=-1]For body weight exercise, see Angled Side Bridge.[/SIZE]
Posterior Deltoid

[SIZE=-1]See General Back for more basic exercises.[/SIZE]

Supraspinatus

[SIZE=-1]See Lateral Deltoids for more exercises, particularly:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]See Lateral Deltoids for stretches.[/SIZE]

reverse barbell presses........these really brought out the veins in my front delts/upper chest ties

Basically just pull the weight from straight down to you waist kicking your elbows back. Almost like dragging the weight up your legs and stopping at your waist, you really can't go much higher than that anyway

Video! video!!! thanks for the chart man

reverse barbell presses........these really brought out the veins in my front delts/upper chest ties

Hmmm didnt know that would really work shoulders, I cant do too much weight with those yet bc its alot of triceps but il throw them in here and there thanks

My main exercise is a wide grip upright row. My hands are placed just wider than shoulder width and my elbows go just above parallel. I'll work up to 10 with 225lbs.

shit thats alot of weight for those bro!

Hmmm didnt know that would really work shoulders, I cant do too much weight with those yet bc its alot of triceps but il throw them in here and there thanks

sorry i meant these as seated reverse barbell press or reverse grip military press

sorry i meant these as seated reverse barbell press or reverse grip military press

oh ok that makes more sense. I cant do arnolds heavy yet either bc the movement im still saveguarding the right arm (lil betty)

a routine I do often for delts

Smythe behind neck presses - 1 x 15, 1 x 10 (warm ups) 1 x 8, 1 x 6, 1 x 4-6
DB laterals - 1 x 15 (warm ups) 1 x 15, 1 x 12, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set) - Go to failure, and when you cant do anymore full reps, do partial reps, and quarter reps
DB bent over laterals - 1 x 15, 2 x 10, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set)
Smythe wide grip upright rows (for side delts) 1 x 15 (warm up) 2 x 10-12, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set)

this is a pretty normal routine for me...I might not do all the burn out sets unless Im up for all that volume...

Plate raises
Arnold Presses
Military Press(Touch your collarbone with the bar)

Love shoulders, pushed up some 100s on db shoulder press for the first time the other day, plate raises have to be my favorite shoulder exercise tho, they seem to hit the spot.

Plate raises ???

Plate raises ???

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WDzGU7kQ6pA?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ill do em with hands at 10 and 2 as well, awesome exercise.

Video! video!!! thanks for the chart man

I can't find one anywhere

a routine I do often for delts

Smythe behind neck presses - 1 x 15, 1 x 10 (warm ups) 1 x 8, 1 x 6, 1 x 4-6
DB laterals - 1 x 15 (warm ups) 1 x 15, 1 x 12, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set) - Go to failure, and when you cant do anymore full reps, do partial reps, and quarter reps
DB bent over laterals - 1 x 15, 2 x 10, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set)
Smythe wide grip upright rows (for side delts) 1 x 15 (warm up) 2 x 10-12, 1 x 20-25 (burn out set)

this is a pretty normal routine for me...I might not do all the burn out sets unless Im up for all that volume...

cool I can def do this, but Il change the behind the nek to infront of neck, and are the bent over lats the only ones that get rear delt on here? I have a weird exercise I use for rear delts w light weight that works well. Thanks man (oh also u dont do shrugs?)

Plate raises ???
Yeah I usually do plate raises as a super set to another thing whether its side raises or shrugs , I see the guy put a vid of plate raises so I dont need to further explain that, u should try em

I can't find one anywhere
u should make one bro

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=750 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WDzGU7kQ6pA?hd=1" frameBorder=0 width=1280 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Ill do em with hands at 10 and 2 as well, awesome exercise.
Thanks Bro.. I'm doing shoulders tomorow... And I will give them a try !!!

Back