What do YOU say?...

I say, "Alright" that's it. I tend to shake my head right before like I'm motioning "No." I'll clinch my teeth a bit and just hit it.

Alwayslearning said:
Someone just posted what they called "the Dog Training Principle". One part of it was
TRAIN LIKE AN ANIMAL- A pissed off dog does not stop, does not give up and has no fear. Train like this in the wt. room. I printed this and hung it up in my office.

That was me, my man. Sleep like a dog, eat like a dog, and train like a friggin' animal!

-R

sweatmachine said:
I scratch my ass like a constipated babboon, does that count?

If that's how you train, if you do it in your sleep, or even better, if you do it at the dinner table, then yes, that counts.

-R

most everything i say to myself contains the F' word in it.

Usually things like...
C'mon you F'in pu$$y!!
C'mon you piece of sh!t
C'mon you better get this cause everyone is watching and thinks you can't do it!!

Then if I'm doing squats I'll grab the bar and shake the rack and slam the bar on my back like i'm gonna break the bar!

mark mcgwire said:
most everything i say to myself contains the F' word in it.

Usually things like...
C'mon you F'in pu$$y!!
C'mon you piece of sh!t
C'mon you better get this cause everyone is watching and thinks you can't do it!!

Then if I'm doing squats I'll grab the bar and shake the rack and slam the bar on my back like i'm gonna break the bar!

And he's soooo cute when he does that! :thumbsup:

You brothers are killing me!.......I just about fell out of my chair laughing while reading this thread...........

Anyway, all I ever say is "Light weight, Light weight", then I hit it like I'm a machine and stopping is not an option!

Wow, I guess I never really thought about it but I have a few "turbo gay" comments that I mumble (barely audible):

When chasing a PR, I say "Ripley won't believe this one".

Pressing or squats it is always "solid base, keep em tight, strong ouf of the hole".

dumbell presses while they are in your lap, as you fall back against the bench, "back, out and up".

Other heavy movements "lock and load".

Yeah, they are a bit gay but I have used these consistently for YEARS without even thinking about it until now. I guess it doesn't matter what you say as long as you have that "switch" that you equate with turning it on.

Skip

Skip said:

When chasing a PR, I say "Ripley won't believe this one".

Skip

LOL! That's classic! Next time I'm about to do a big set, I think I'll turn to the stranger next to me and say, "You're not gonna believe this! Uuuuuuupppppp!!!!!!!"

(On the other end - anybody see the Battle for the Mr. O tape - circa 1999 - where Mits puts together outtakes of Dexter Jackson. He says, "Shit" after every damn set. The clip is just of him saying "shit" like 10 times in a row. ;^) )

-R

Back