DC Training Rocks!

• Thread starter Thread starter saudades
  • Start date Start date
S

saudades

I have to say this training technique really works. I am continually amazed at the strength gains. There is this machine (sort of a machine) at my gym that has a bar that you can load plates on, and then you can get under it and squat it. The bar is attached to a lever that pivots. I'm not sure what the actual ratio of real weight to weight lifted is (because of the lever), but I'm sure it's probably around 60% at least. This machine is much easier on the knees for me, that's why I use it. I was able to put 720 lbs on this thing and crank out more than 10 reps with it. The actual weight lifted is probably about 430 lbs which would be my best lift yet.

You fuckin know it man! The hardest part is convincing yourself that you could beat that lift 2 weeks from now. I don't think I've ever pushed myself harder. I had to throw out front squats yesterday, pretty damn disappointed.

getting ready to start again. It's funny, when I would think I couldn't beat my last
lift I would somehow squeeze out one more rep. It works.

I have never heard of anyone who really dedicated themselves to this type of training for 2 months, that didn't love it.

i love this training too. I use alot of machines though, but this program will have you sore no matter what.

mentally, thats still the hardest part. especially legs. Im breaking PR's every week, but mentally you dont think you can do it because you never made gains like this before.

dreww said:
i love this training too. I use alot of machines though, but this program will have you sore no matter what.

mentally, thats still the hardest part. especially legs. Im breaking PR's every week, but mentally you dont think you can do it because you never made gains like this before.
i definitly agree with you there dreww its weird you go in there thinking theres no way ill go up again this week. Then you pushyourself like you should and boom you get those extra reps or more weight. I admit i was a non believer at first but now i have to say ive never ran a better style then this.

actually getting ready to try this method again... had good gains before... Looking forward to the mental challange...

You'll love it bud...just don't fool yourself into thinking you have to do more at the beginning. Stick with it and you'll get awesome results.

I have been reading up on it and want to try it in a few months. How long do your workouts last each night? Only going 3 times a week, does it take a lot longer?

No, it's very quick...IMO. You feel like you are not doing enough, but trust me, you are. Don't make the mistake of trying to do more than you are supposed to. It really does work wonderfully if you do it like you are supposed to. If you add more, you will overtrain.

if you push yourself like you are supposed to (100% intensity is the core of this program), then its more than enough.

im beat at the end of my workouts. I always walk out exhausted, but pumped and full. That never used to happen with other workouts, only once in a while.

You said it. I get pretty wiped out after 60 minutes. I get a really good full pump, too. This is the only routine I've done that consistently does this.

Spiderman said:
No, it's very quick...IMO. You feel like you are not doing enough, but trust me, you are. Don't make the mistake of trying to do more than you are supposed to. It really does work wonderfully if you do it like you are supposed to. If you add more, you will overtrain.

What about while ON? Would you still do the same amount of work?

Back