Getting Furry, like a bear

CzarShel

Mc Vet
I've always been kind of a big guy and I've all ways had pretty hairy arms, legs, and chest.

But now with my big juice cycles I have to shave my face, head and lots of other stuff more and more frequently, I took a pic flexing a pose and noticed I was getting pretty furry, kind of bear-like,

other than the strait razor is their anyway to inhibit hair growth, especially on my arms and chest?

My goatee now connects down my neck to my chest runs down my belly to well......its quite along treasure trail.

Anyone try that epil-stop stuff after shaving ?

Dude i'm hairy as hell and i've been like that since like i was 15. The only permanent way would be laser and its not 100 percent. So good luck and if u find anything that works let me know. Thanks

waxing....hurts the first couple times, then it's fine after that if you go in regularly

CzarShel said:
I've always been kind of a big guy and I've all ways had pretty hairy arms, legs, and chest.

But now with my big juice cycles I have to shave my face, head and lots of other stuff more and more frequently, I took a pic flexing a pose and noticed I was getting pretty furry, kind of bear-like,

other than the strait razor is their anyway to inhibit hair growth, especially on my arms and chest?

My goatee now connects down my neck to my chest runs down my belly to well......its quite along treasure trail.

Anyone try that epil-stop stuff after shaving ?

That Epil_Stop crap does not work- don't waste your money on it. I am very hairy on my legs and arms normally, but unfortunately have to shave every 4 days or so or else it gets harder and harder the longer I wait. I have used a Mach 3 and some shave gel for years. I tried the waxing- its ok but for the cost, I can do better myself with the Mach.

Thanks for the heads up on the epil-stop crap, I have to shave every day useing mach 3 ir it gets bad where I have to pre shave with clippers, I cannot use an electric shaver on my face because I think the hair it too tough for it to cut so I do my head and face witha a strait razor, what about that shit that disolves hair like "naere?"

CzarShel said:
Thanks for the heads up on the epil-stop crap, I have to shave every day useing mach 3 ir it gets bad where I have to pre shave with clippers, I cannot use an electric shaver on my face because I think the hair it too tough for it to cut so I do my head and face witha a strait razor, what about that shit that disolves hair like "naere?"

I have had hit and miss experiences with Nair. It doesn't really get all the hair off so I end up having to use the razor anyway.
face it- we are fucked when it comes to shaving often... You can however get Laser Removal, but that is costly but again if you have the money... go for it.

I have seen some good deals for laser hair removal at some local clinics, they do like upper arms for about 200 bux, I might give it a try if Ihave enough left over after gear, gym ect.

CzarShel said:
I have seen some good deals for laser hair removal at some local clinics, they do like upper arms for about 200 bux, I might give it a try if Ihave enough left over after gear, gym ect.

Yeah, I know story of my life-- I aplways plan tohave some left over, but I end up with nada.... Sucks.....

my sister got laser removal for her arm pits and she said it didnt remove it all, it basically just thinned it out by 50%. So you may have to go back a few time, but either way it should be better then before hand.

I've been looking into laser hair removal a lot recently. Best bet is to get a deal that allows you 4 or 5 treatments. It's not 100%, but the more you go, the thinner it gets. 1 time won't do anything. Some places even have terms like if the hair comes back, after you pay for so many treatments, you can keep going back as long as the hair comes back. That's getting up in the $2,500 range though.

Hair Zap

I had it done 2 years ago - went for three treatments and am VERY happy with the results...

Not 100% gone - but is now at what I'd consider a normal level... In between the treatments it's like being shaved... nothing really grows back for 2-3 months...

I now just clipper it every couple months or so - and you can hardly even tell I've got hair back there...

Definately worth the money in my opinion... would like to go back and do the chest/stomach in time...

How bad was it before you got the laser removal done?
And if you don't mind, how much for the 3 treatments?

I had a LOT of hair - very dark and thick...

I prepaid for 3 back treatments @ $ 1,500 (if I remember correctly)

If you get it done keep in mind it won't totally get rid of every last hair - but you can't help but be happy with the amount that is perm' gone! It was like night and day for me...

I went from never taking my shirt off in public to not having a care in the world...

Also keep in mind that this isn't a painless experience... The place I went reccomended using EMLA cream - which is a topical cream used primarily for children who have to get shots - it numbs the skin for about an hour.. figure on spending $100 on this every time you go as well - available OTC @ pharmacy - or a lot of the laser places will have it available as well...

That's good to hear you are satisfied with the results. Only 3 treatments too...not bad. I've heard a few that have done up to 5. I don't have hair on my back, but was thinking maybe chest and stomach could use it. I've also heard it is quite painful...I also heard you can't go in the sun afterwards...is that true? That's not permanent is it? Was the place you went to in Boston? Just noticed you were from Mass as well. Anyways bro, thanks for the info.

Hey dude - the place I went was in Newburyport - then went for the last treatment at a place in reading - I can give you the name if you want it ...

The sun thing isn't perm... You shouldn't go in the sun for like 2-3 days after (meaning don't expose that area unless you want a bad burn)

I think the sun info you heard had more to do with the fact that you need to have NO tan when you get zapped. The way the laser works is the laser light is attracted to pigment... Its intent is to basically travel down the hair and explode the follicle... If you are tan - your skin ends up absorbing the light and making the laser less or non effective.

So I decided to go in the fall and winter for my 1st two treatments - then the spring for the final one...

Fellow beantowner eh?

if you stick with shaving, apply "witch hazel" afterwards. it's great for slowing down hair growth and it stops ingrown hairs from happening.

Bump on the witch hazel or alcohol after shaving...it really does stop the in grown hairs.

I'm also pretty hairy and the best way ive found is to use a trimmer on the lowest setting....that or a beard/outliner trimmer. Just keep hair short and trim and you can really tell the difference.

Witch hazel huh? Never heard of it. Will definitely have to give it a try though. Appreciate the info!

As for the trimmer on the lowest setting...I go right for the mach 3, head, chest, and stomach...against the grain too. Can never be too smooth.

I used to be a mammoth, now I'm shamoo.

Shave brother, shave....it's the easiest, cheapest and just plain smartest way to go IMO.

Is that the Ultimate Warrior in your avatar? I was him 3 years in a row for halloween when I was little!

Back