how much do you bench

angelblue said:
Well, mine is not nearly as impressive as all yours, but I press 135. Never tried to max out, because I don't have a spotter...but it's probably close to that weight.

I think that's VERY impressive. Personally don't know too many females that workout let alone bench their own bodyweight.

Gasoline - I'm not sure if you're question was referring to Big A's routine or my bench amount. If you were asking what Big A's routine was, I believe it's a stick entitled BASIC PRINCIPLES FOR BEGINNERS" check it out...it works for everyone. There are also a few others on this board who have had decent gains in size and strength with it as well. If you were referring to why in one post my max bench was 275 and 2 posts later it was 315, you dug up an old post bro. As of 3/17/2005 my max was 275. As of 2 weeks ago, my max was 315.

never maxed out myself. I workout solo usually so I do like 335 for 8-9 reps a few times. I go up to 355 and pump out 6. I can only grab a spotter sometimes, I don't want some fool who is going to leave me hanging. I find myself using dumbells more to make it easier. Be careful though-two weeks ago I was doing flys with the db's and one of the lugs was loose on it. A side came hurling off and almost hit me right in the not. Had a few employees set me up with a free month for my ordeal.

Glen Whitestone said:
never maxed out myself. I workout solo usually so I do like 335 for 8-9 reps a few times. I go up to 355 and pump out 6. I can only grab a spotter sometimes, I don't want some fool who is going to leave me hanging. I find myself using dumbells more to make it easier. Be careful though-two weeks ago I was doing flys with the db's and one of the lugs was loose on it. A side came hurling off and almost hit me right in the not. Had a few employees set me up with a free month for my ordeal.

I may try this myself and see if I can get a few months knocked off my membership. LOL

Never checked to see what my max was. My shoulders have been giving me a fit the past few months so I won't be trying to find out any time soon. Most I ever put on the bar was 315 for 4 reps for an extra set to see if I could do it, that was over a year ago.

When I was 17 I did 315 for 5..... But now I never flat bench... I use now 160 pound dumbells @ my gym (highers they go) I repped those out on incline bench for 8-12 times

i got up 365 in august, but i went away to school and my diet went to shit, i dropped like 10lbs and can now only max out at 325

Apparently my newfound dedication to the gym is paying off, i finished bench at 315 and i did it 4 times and almost ate it on the fifth try lol. I havent done any gear yet but i may in the near future. Im not sure what i max on bench, it probably is in the 325-350 range i would guess. I may try it soon just to see, you guys got me curious now. Although i am a pretty large guy already so its not that impressive. im 6'2 and around 275

Back