Traveling with syringes

• Thread starter Thread starter saudades
  • Start date Start date
S

saudades

So now that we're far beyond 9/11, can we travel (domestically) with syringes in our suitcases? I will be on a 2-week business trip, and I need to have my TRT injections with me. For my last international trip back in 2004, I had to have pills since the airlines wouldn't allow you to have anything sharp. Hopefully, this won't need to be the case this time since I'm only going to NY.

I doubt it bud...they still won't let you have any kind of liquid on board. I got my bag searched last month b/c I had some liq nolv in there. They let me check my bag and send it, so they may let you check it. I don't see why you couldn't do that, but that's just my opinion.

Where are you going to workout for the next two weeks? Nothing like doing reps in a hotel gym small enough to be a prison cell with only a universal. I love that universal bench press that for me is like doing close arm tricep presses because the handle is so narrow.

There's a World gym over there (hopefully close to the hotel) so I hope to get a few workouts in there.

since you have a prescription for TRT I would call the airlines or check online and see if you can take the syringes with you too. You should be able to but I know everything is still tight because of the whole liquid and shoe bomb thing...

if all else fails, load your syringes & then pop the pin off & throw the pins in your shower bag...you prolly keep razors & things like that in your shower bag anyways so they wont notice...

you can throw your loaded syringes in your shoe & then stuff a sock in your shoe to cover it up...

that should do it!

bigguy1 said:
if all else fails, load your syringes & then pop the pin off & throw the pins in your shower bag...you prolly keep razors & things like that in your shower bag anyways so they wont notice...

you can throw your loaded syringes in your shoe & then stuff a sock in your shoe to cover it up...

that should do it!
wow that's way too risky advice to follow right now, if you ask me. My brother accidentally had a razor blade in his backpack and had to spend the day at the airport and missed his flights, I wouldn't dare dream of messing with something like this when travelling for work.

mikeswift said:
wow that's way too risky advice to follow right now, if you ask me. My brother accidentally had a razor blade in his backpack and had to spend the day at the airport and missed his flights, I wouldn't dare dream of messing with something like this when travelling for work.

I think he was joking.

normalsucks said:
can you mail them ahead?

I probably could. I have the address of the hotel I'll be staying in. I actually talked to my pharmacist about it, and he said I should be able to put them in a plastic bag with a label that said, "for medical use," along with the vial that has the prescription on it. As long as it's in the bag checked in and not "carry on," he thinks I wouldn't have a problem. I think I'll try that.

I also found out that there's a Walmart in the area which would have a pharmacy that sells syringes. I could just buy them over there.

I was just going to suggest buying them over there. Thats probably the easiest route.

mikeswift said:
i wasnt joking...you shouldnt keep your shower bag in your carry on...make sure your shower bag is in your suit case...you will keep the pin seperate from the actual syringe...

i have never done this but this is what i was told to do by an IFBB pro...he said the he does it all the time & has never had a problem...this guy is constantly traveling...

i guess if you had a razor in your backpack that you are going to carry onto the plan they would stop you for sure!

I wouldnt but then again both times my wife and i went on vacation we got pulled out of line on the way there and on the trip back,lol, so if u got some muscles man dont bother, we were litterly harrassed by one dick face who had a hard on for me

Presser said:
I wouldnt but then again both times my wife and i went on vacation we got pulled out of line on the way there and on the trip back,lol, so if u got some muscles man dont bother, we were litterly harrassed by one dick face who had a hard on for me

If I looked like you, they'd probably pull me out, too. You're huge. As it is, I put them in my checked baggage, and they went right through. They didn't even open the bag.

Back