315 for reps....

105kStrongman

What is the most you can do, or have done and at what bodyweight?

I hit 315x15 once at 207lbs bodyweight...

Tonight I watched a friend hit 315x18 at 273 lbs, but still is impressive to me...

I remember back in the day when I couldn't even do one rep~

i assume flat bench

i go through 2 sets of 8 working up to my final 2 sets at 365 and 405

im at 258 as of this morning

i remmeber the first time i hit 315 though many years ago..gotta love anadrol :p..you couldn't tell me nuttin after i hit that..i think i smiled for a week..

Last edited:
My short term (very short, lol) goal is to put up 300lbs by the close of this year. I think I'm pretty close to doing it too... my buddy I train with seems to think I can do it no problem but I've never done that much before and it's a little daunting.

I did 245 for 3 sets day before yesterday... x10, 7, and 8 so I think it's within reach!

I currently weigh about 195 give or take.

My short term (very short, lol) goal is to put up 300lbs by the close of this year. I think I'm pretty close to doing it too... my buddy I train with seems to think I can do it no problem but I've never done that much before and it's a little daunting.

I did 245 for 3 sets day before yesterday... x10, 7, and 8 so I think it's within reach!

I currently weigh about 195 give or take.

yeah you should..with me when i was working out with 225..every rep past the first was about 10 lbs added to what my max was..so if i could do 5 reps with 225 my max would be 265..it might have been a mental thing,but that was the case with me..

if you can hit the 245 10x your first set i think you can hit 300 bro right now

yeah you should..with me when i was working out with 225..every rep past the first was about 10 lbs added to what my max was..so if i could do 5 reps with 225 my max would be 265..it might have been a mental thing,but that was the case with me..

if you can hit the 245 10x your first set i think you can hit 300 bro right now

Yeah, my buddy says the same thing... it's just a mental thing cause I haven't put up that much before but I'm feeling pretty confident about it.

Just for grins I'll post up here what happens before the close of the year.

Yeah, my buddy says the same thing... it's just a mental thing cause I haven't put up that much before but I'm feeling pretty confident about it.

Just for grins I'll post up here what happens before the close of the year.

When you're benching, let him load the weight, don't look at it and you'll do more than 300. I read a while back about a study on how the brain affects training and it's proven to restrict your physical sterngth by almost 15%. So it's all mental, if he loads the weight and you don't know what's on there, you'll be fine.

When you're benching, let him load the weight, don't look at it and you'll do more than 300. I read a while back about a study on how the brain affects training and it's proven to restrict your physical sterngth by almost 15%. So it's all mental, if he loads the weight and you don't know what's on there, you'll be fine.

Hmmm, I kind of like this idea... he already did this to me recently. I thought I was doing 245 for reps and he had 255 on there instead. Not a big difference but after I was done and he told me I was really stoked! Heck I didn't even think I'd manage the 245 let alone 10 more... that said I know I can be intimidated some times by a weight I haven't previously worked with. Not to mention I dropped 180lbs on my chest a few months ago. That REALLY freaked me out and put me out of pressing action for awhile. It's only been just recently that I can even press without being in pain.

Not sure how the hell it happened either... weirdest thing I've ever done working out.

OK>>>> Just wanted to follow up on this from last week. Set a new PR today and VERY stoked about it! I'm sure I don't hold a candle to a lot of you on here but for me it's a GOOD day!

Didn't have as long as I usually do today but was anxious to see what I could do and here's what I ended up with:

225x 3
315x 3 (new PR)
275x 5
225x 10, 10, 10

Finished up with some other random stuff and had to go as I was pressed for time but still... just really stoked with the 3 reps of 315! I think I could have done a few more for a total of 5 but my buddy didn't know I was gonna do more than 1 rep and when I let the bar down for the 2nd and then the 3rd he kind of tripped out and said something that threw me off but... oh well, no biggy.

I more than surpassed my end of the year goal of putting up 300 pounds and have officially stepped up to the 300lb club!

Time to set a new goal now!

I never max out. I consider my current bench weight to be whatever I can get for atleast 10,8 & 6 reps in a three set range. My personal best was 325 for sets of 10 at 184lbs bodyweight.

At the time, I could put up 360 for 6-8, but injury put me out of focus and out of lifting for quite some time. Just started back this year and right now, I would be pushing my luck to get 205 for 5! Going to be a long road to hoe at 40!

I never max out. I consider my current bench weight to be whatever I can get for atleast 10,8 & 6 reps in a three set range. My personal best was 325 for sets of 10 at 184lbs bodyweight.

At the time, I could put up 360 for 6-8, but injury put me out of focus and out of lifting for quite some time. Just started back this year and right now, I would be pushing my luck to get 205 for 5! Going to be a long road to hoe at 40!

I share your attitude. Frankly, I couldn't care less what I can/have/will do. My goal is hypertrophy, not powerlifting. The only way I'm finding out my 1RM is if I tear my pec on rep 1 :show:

Before my injury I was able to do 315 for 2 reps at 190-198 anywhere while I was in that range, I did it for 1 when I was 203 go figure.\

Shoulders and back was always my real strength, could do front hammer raises with 60's for 10 , shoulder press on smith machine 335 for 8

Back