Anabolics, Competitions, and the Journey to a 500lbs bench

Today was the hardest workout I've done in a long time. It was an off day and I did my last warmup with 350 for 1 and I was like wow... There is no way I'm going to get 365 for 10 sets of 3...

I strapped up, used every mental trick I could and forced my way through it. Didn't think I would make it but I did

Www.facebook.com/kbrownfitness

Today was the hardest workout I've done in a long time. It was an off day and I did my last warmup with 350 for 1 and I was like wow... There is no way I'm going to get 365 for 10 sets of 3...

I strapped up, used every mental trick I could and forced my way through it. Didn't think I would make it but I did

What kind of Mental Tricks are you talking about ? Like telling yourself if you don't get these reps your cock is going to fall off, lol, i mean what exactly is a mental trick big guy?

If smelling salts / ammonia aint doing it for ya then you have issues lmao

What kind of Mental Tricks are you talking about ? Like telling yourself if you don't get these reps your cock is going to fall off, lol, i mean what exactly is a mental trick big guy?

If smelling salts / ammonia aint doing it for ya then you have issues lmao

I only used the salts on the last couple sets

Mental tricks like I dunno lol just be like come on you got guys squatting 800lbs you can do this for 3
Stop being a bitch

I only used the salts on the last couple sets

Mental tricks like I dunno lol just be like come on you got guys squatting 800lbs you can do this for 3
Stop being a bitch

lol, i was just busting your balls, however here is a serious question, all kidding aside, you guys slap each other in the face and shit like that during meets or personal records?

And I use to LOVE smelling salts lol, but i only ever used them during an actual meet, though I've seen some deusch bags in the gym constantly use them, but they were skinny little wannabes, but just wanted everyone in the gym to see them using smelling salts lol, I guess it made them feel cool , idk!! lol

And isn't there something else you guys use now days like smelling salts but its not the actual old school ammonia ?

lol, i was just busting your balls, however here is a serious question, all kidding aside, you guys slap each other in the face and shit like that during meets or personal records?

And I use to LOVE smelling salts lol, but i only ever used them during an actual meet, though I've seen some deusch bags in the gym constantly use them, but they were skinny little wannabes, but just wanted everyone in the gym to see them using smelling salts lol, I guess it made them feel cool , idk!! lol

And isn't there something else you guys use now days like smelling salts but its not the actual old school ammonia ?

At our gym there is no slapping or hitting, most of us are fairly calm lifters with one or two exceptions
Pretty much think that when getting hit and getting all crazy before a lift you are wasting energy that should be used when actually lifting.

As far as the smelling salts we pretty much only use "nose torque"
It's cheap and pretty bad ass

hey bud, sending that pm reply today, sorry for delay i was away from my desk yesterday at the time

Huge PR on training SSB squats, ended with 500lbs

Sure we could critique the hell out of these but who cares. They are training squats and it marks a huge improvement on my 1rm after doing all the volume training I've been hitting

Very happy with the improvements

Today was a very successful day. Took a few days off after surgery (Monday) and smashed a PR on my tow ropes. Ended with 505lbs.

So we got the 500 squat and 505lbs tow.

Going to move away the tow ropes for the next 2-3 weeks. An important principle in strength training is you can't continue to do the same movements the same way and continue to see progress. Progress quickly levels off. Going to pick a new exercise to trigger the same muscles, preferably one i'm bad at and train it hard. Then after a few weeks we will try to break that 505lbs... Make sense ?

Obviously I can't vary my squat or the bar at this time, and am roughly following the Smolov program so I will continue to let that take its course. I've only deviated a bit to hit a max before my surgeries which of course wasn't in the program, then deload period after each surgery.

Surgery number two and the wrapping are off ! Time to clean this arm :) stinky as fuck !

6debb112c987e6cfc13859523956aad1.jpg

Yeah it looks like its STINKY AS FUCK ALL! LMAO

As for your pulling 500lbs right after surgery and taking the wrap off, well theres a name for that, it rhymes with Whacko , no wait, that is the name! lmao

Wow, you are a beast!!! Oh, and I LOVE Pimp Juice Extreme. Have you tried the Watermelon yet, I like it the best out of all of them.

Serious, great job!

PIMP JUICE, LOL, Ive never heard of this! Sounds like something i would call my CUM

Back