Anabolics, Competitions, and the Journey to a 500lbs bench

Today I did some accessory work (volume) with chains. Decided to go volume instead of speed work. Needed it Mentally.
Bar + chains 15 reps
140 + chains 15 reps
190 + chains 15 reps
(rest recorded)
the bar is 50lbs not a 45lbs bar.

After bench we did some flyes with bands. holy stabilizer issues. But, I had fun and had a mean pump lol.

Pullups and Pushups
10 sets of pullups, increases reps. 1 rep, 2reps, 3 reps, up to 10reps Each set of Pullups with 20reps of pushups

After pullups and pushups just finished off with 5x10 V-bar pulldowns then some easy lat rows

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man! Definitely on the grind and working hard.

Not sure why you can't see the video. Maybe restart your browser?

yeah its an issue on my end

Heavy doubles. Almost got 470 for two. Could have been a little tighter and shoulder flared out way too much.

Very nice progress, really good confidence boost. Am definitely dialed in nicely for December 7th.

I am thinking to do
460 opener, 480, then depending on how 480 goes shoot for the 500.

good stuff bro! You made a few of those reps look easy my man! Good luck December 7th!

a3c086eea466f8e37c1ead1a99133900.jpg

who the fuck listens to rap music while training lol, BOOOOO lol, great video though

What a day, twerked my shoulder a tad before the workout even started-- It hurts I am sure it negatively impacted my lifts some but I made it through a brutal overload session and will be seeing the chiropractor tomorrow. I have a few sessions between now and the December 7th meet.

Am excited

Progress is good. Am definitely flirting with 500. 480 today, had a few issues (notice the cramping and wrap changes) but all in all great session.

Note: Bench bar is 50lbs not 45.

- - - Updated - - -

who the fuck listens to rap music while training lol, BOOOOO lol, great video though

I hate rock. lol I am the only one at the gym. we argue about it routinely.

Got a buddy who power lifts at 197lb hit 502lbs at RAW unity unwrapped... Think his personal best was 530lbs but he was 214 when he did that at APA Cash for Clash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a buddy who power lifts at 197lb hit 502lbs at RAW unity unwrapped... Think his personal best was 530lbs but he was 214 when he did that at APA Cash for Clash.

Not sure why it would be unwrapped

But Ryan Celli holds that record, very incredible lifter
I know Anthony Evans in the 220 class
But yes these people are the best of the best and I am certainly chasing them.... My goal is 500 and this will put me top ten in the nation. Something to certainly be proud of

42593218499861b33263766dac8e192c.jpg

Yeah my buddies name is Garrett Griffin he's sponsored by Universal Nutrition/Animal now

Back