Anabolics, Competitions, and the Journey to a 500lbs bench

12/7/14 was the longest meet i have ever done, 14 hour day.
Sorry for incontinent video angles.
Let's start with the lifts

squat: I opened with a 20lbs PR at 470. A weight that crushed me last competition. Moved easy. Went to 500lbs. In the opinion of most the judges buried me, way too deep. 2nd attempt i fell forward some and just lost it. Can I complain with a 20lbs meet PR ? No, but I really wanted 500+

Bench: wow what a great bench day. In the warm up room I've never been so fast and explosive. First attempt 440, very light.
Went to 480 and well everything went wrong, no aggression, grip too close, just wasn't a good lift. Took 480 again and... Well we fixed the aggression part. This lift absolutely took everything I had. 480 was the RPS record so I was allowed a 4th attempt which I did not take.
To be honest I was happy with winning that fight with 480 and continuing would have been stupid.

Deadlift easy as hell. The grip specific work has really paid off. We will see great progress here going forward. Took a 405 opener, 435, then 460 for a 10lbs PR which again wasn't a struggle at all. I am excited to see how this lift develops by summer

A meet never really goes exactly to plan, proud I hit a PR in every lift and improved over all.

Now time to focus on Nutrition, and training. I won't be competing again until summer

Congrats brutha! Those are some nice numbers! Plus I am sure you had a blast there, I know i really use to enjoy PL meets! Meeting knew people, crowds, all eyes on you, and hitting personals is always great!

SO what are the benefits of converse over nike while deading, and squatting? The flat bottoms? I noticed you switched from converse to nike, back to converse, just curious

Once again, Congrats my man!

When is your next meet?

And Orbit Nutrition is your sponsor correct? Might I ask how they sponsor, money, supplements, both, etc...

Meet battles
212659f49be74019d11d1639c93d03a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome numbers man, damn impressive keep hitting it hard. Did you tear something or just a bad tear?

Meet battles
212659f49be74019d11d1639c93d03a8.jpg

that doesn't look good brutha! I will bet anything you didn't feel it happen, lol. You probably just looked down at some point and said what the fuck! lol, That has happened to me before but in my hamstrings, looked like i got hit my a truck from behind, and to this day i have no clue when it happened or what exercise it happened on lol,

SO did you know that was there before you seen it? Very curious, as i said a lot of us never know its there until we see it lol

that doesn't look good brutha! I will bet anything you didn't feel it happen, lol. You probably just looked down at some point and said what the fuck! lol, That has happened to me before but in my hamstrings, looked like i got hit my a truck from behind, and to this day i have no clue when it happened or what exercise it happened on lol,

SO did you know that was there before you seen it? Very curious, as i said a lot of us never know its there until we see it lol

Mine was an issue in training but slight
Then at the meet... No idea just looked down and bam

Congrats brutha! Those are some nice numbers! Plus I am sure you had a blast there, I know i really use to enjoy PL meets! Meeting knew people, crowds, all eyes on you, and hitting personals is always great!

SO what are the benefits of converse over nike while deading, and squatting? The flat bottoms? I noticed you switched from converse to nike, back to converse, just curious

Once again, Congrats my man!

When is your next meet?

And Orbit Nutrition is your sponsor correct? Might I ask how they sponsor, money, supplements, both, etc...

The converse are important because it has a hard sole and your low to the ground, no heel

I only wear nikes when benching

First training day back
Too much recording only gonna do one set of each exercise next time

All sets based on percentages

Didn't record the flyes, BB rows, or Arnold presses

Side note... Figured you guys would appreciate the brutal band snap on my neck haha ouch

e145b8f5540c86c304278dcccf449149.jpg

First lower body day back, worked up to 425lbs anderson squats for 5
then hit some front squats with safety bar. Tough day.

after that we hit some box jumps, I am SO bad at these. Will have a video once I don't look like an idiot.

After box's we did some weighted hyper extensions then Glute Ham Raises.

All,

I am doing a new diet and training style started this week.
I am a power lifter not a bodybuilder but for my next competition in summer I wanna be bigger and leaner so am focusing on more volume training and diet

Here are some before pics taken this week
Let's see if I have any nice changes

e45b5cb6ce94c955acae67ed373c30b9.jpg

a5f45753f3d4b6439092eae067a87055.jpg

57176a57ed247413497ae02142873599.jpg

Deadlifts been a struggle of my life, had a good day today. Pulled a huge gym PR finally got 500. Using straps, we are doing lots of work to improve my grip strength over the next few months, and after looking at some of my additional weaknesses we should see some nice PRs over the next few months. Excited to see a bit of progress in my worse lift

Here is a rough diet outline of what I am currently doing. I am already down 10lbs or so. Weighed myself at 207lbs this morning. No noticeable changes in strength, but I have only been doing volume on my bench lately nothing heavy, so I guess the true test will be in 5 more weeks when this chest cycle peaks. Hopefully I can still put up at least 470-480lbs anything more would just make me ecstatic.

Meal 1
8oz lean protein source
complex carb (50grams carbs Mon-Thursday- 75-100g carbs Friday-sunday)
1tablespoon olive oil

Meal 2
40-50 gram protein shake casein
Friday-Sunday add 50 grams of carbs)

Meal 3
8 oz of fish, chicken, or lean beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups spinach
1 complex carb (50grams carbs mon-thursday 75 to 100 on Friday-Sunday)

Meal 4
40-50 grams casein protein
Friday-Sunday add 25grams of carbs

Meal 5
8oz lean protein
1 tablesppoon olive oil
2 cups spinach
1 complex carb (50grams Mon-Thursday 75-100mg Friday-Sunday)

Meal 6
8oz lean protein
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cups spinach
0 carbs Monday - Thursday (75 grams Friday through Sunday)

Meal 7
2 scoops casein protein
1 cup carrots

*note*
pre and post workout shakes replace 1 meal (usually meal 5 on weekdays) and Meal 3 on Weekends resume next scheduled meal 1 1/2 hours later

preworkout- BCAA + 1 large apple + Creatine
Postworkout 25 grams whey protein + 25 grams casein protein + 1 cup oatmeal (50grams of carbs)

Not a bad day
Worked up to doubles for 5 doubles
Then some amrap with 315
Tricep work
Dumbbell work
Incline work

You get the idea

Thinking of running a test of IGF and review it
Gonna see if anyone wants to sponsor it

Never successfully ran the stuff always been bunk

Yes that's a challenge