Dead lifts

MrPerfect

MuscleChemistry Guru
do you guys feel that deadlifts widen your hips ?

ive never really dont TOO many of them in the past cause ive always
been worried of losing my narrow waistline compared to my back

any opinions??

i never thought about personally widening the hips, i do them every week from the floor as heavy as i can, i have never noticed a diffrence in hip width. but every one is diffrent and will respond and grow diffrent.

one thing i can say is that dead lifts did thickn my waist line for sure, ive went up a pants size because of it. but you would never be able to tell from any angle but the side on top of my glutes.

the ppl I know that do it every 3 weeks with a shitload of weight (635 for 2, 545 for multiple sets of 12)dont have wide hips

hips? no waist? yea. but its more than offset by the bigger back.

i think the gains in the back outweigh any in the hips...its such a complete movement, its hard to beat

Deadlifts make everything grow especially when you are using 500+ lbs for reps. As your body grows so will your waist. Your waist and hips don't have the potential for growth that your legs, back, traps, etc do. No matter how you look at it, deadlifts are a necessary exercise for real mass.

Deadlifts make everything grow especially when you are using 500+ lbs for reps. As your body grows so will your waist. Your waist and hips don't have the potential for growth that your legs, back, traps, etc do. No matter how you look at it, deadlifts are a necessary exercise for real mass.

Dude said it best. one of the best excersices IMO.

I agree with Mike and Dude. I think they both said it best. A wider back will overshadow a little growth in waist or hips. Bigger hips will just keep you from fitting in between the legs of a fat woman, even more reason to do them

Im with dude...rack deads, floor deads...everything gets stretched, pulled, tightened, all in same movement...branch warren used to train his quads by only doing heavy deads...look at those wheels....BOOM!!!!!!

You know how I know you're gay? You are worried about your hips, LOL!
JK man. I agree with everyone above and I would say my waist has tightend up

Not completely bro. I broke a bench plateau by stopping for two weeks and doing deads in their place. Kid you not. I shot up 30 pounds on my max. They have proven big compound moves release more free test and hey the compound move doesn't get better than deads in my opinion. I never got up to repping 500 for 12 but I also will say dead strength went up rather quickly at first and helped every thing else. I would honestly say they are my favorite exercise for strength increase.

Back