how strict are you?

teedubgee

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
For those of you with no aspirations to compete, but still like improving your physique, how strict are you at both training and diet? I'll be 28 next week and still believe I have a few years left in me before I decide to step on stage. In the mean time, I'm extremely strict on training, but my diet could use some discipline. I don't go a week without squeezing all my workouts in, but I'll miss meals here and there, and sometimes throw in a little something extra to satisfy my urges. Sometimes, I think a cheat meal every 4 days would better serve me than once a week. However, I know once I'm used to that, I'll want one every 3 days and so forth. So how strict is everyone else?

I'm pretty similar to you. I am religious with my training, always bust my butt in the gym. Diet isn't bad, but it could be better. Due to the nature of my job (mechanic) it's hard to have time to eat every 2 hours. I also don't eat as clean as I should but I've found that having an active job allows me to eat a little dirtier and still stay relatively lean. No plans to ever compete, just a hobby for me.

Bout the same as you bro i cheat about once every 4 days give or take say a wednesday night meal and a saturday meal then the rest of the days im good to go on diet. Training the last month or so has been good but not as consistant as i would like. Starting last week though its religious again.

Actually, recently I've flip flopped... my training has suffered, but my diet has been spot on. But I'm working on that, and I haven't missed a day in the gym this week. So hopefully I can stay on track now that things in my life are settling down a little. I was only going to seriously diet for a month, to take away some of my smoothness, but I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.

well i compete....
and i am damn strict !!

the reason i am commenting on this is becasue some guys out there do not have to work as hard as others.
some are blessed with genetics and only have to diet down... i was blessed with the fat, out of shape, gotta work
harder then everyone else gene lol

im strict year round... always making sure i get all my meals, even in the off season when cheating i make sure to
get all the NECESSARY meals in before i decide to cheat so there is no room for error , or me leaving myself
wondering if i got enough protein to complex carbs during the day

well i compete....
and i am damn strict !!

the reason i am commenting on this is becasue some guys out there do not have to work as hard as others.
some are blessed with genetics and only have to diet down... i was blessed with the fat, out of shape, gotta work
harder then everyone else gene lol

im strict year round... always making sure i get all my meals, even in the off season when cheating i make sure to
get all the NECESSARY meals in before i decide to cheat so there is no room for error , or me leaving myself
wondering if i got enough protein to complex carbs during the day
I'm the opposite and I compete. I'm always strict with training, but I listen to my body. The pics up here somewhere of me at 260lbs are with 4 - 5 double cheeseburgers a day, pizza, subs, plus as much protein rich good food as possible. When talking about being strict with diet its making sure I get enough protein and calories!! I eat more precontest than a lot of guys eat in the off season. Its really getting to be a pain in the ass.

I'm the opposite and I compete. I'm always strict with training, but I listen to my body. The pics up here somewhere of me at 260lbs are with 4 - 5 double cheeseburgers a day, pizza, subs, plus as much protein rich good food as possible. When talking about being strict with diet its making sure I get enough protein and calories!! I eat more precontest than a lot of guys eat in the off season. Its really getting to be a pain in the ass.

i havent seen those pics yet have i? where are they? link?

You're a lucky bastard... you're always 6 weeks out from being ready for a show, even eating like a fat fuck.

BTW call me later, I have a question for you.

i havent seen those pics yet have i? where are they? link?

Ya, you saw them. I'm on my phone so I don't know how to put up the link. The thread is "The Dude's Pics" posted by CH3N02. Maybe Leatherhead can find it and post the link.

Back