Rotator Cuff issues

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
Anyone have some suggestions on things to do to help with rotator cuff issues. I can barely do incline dumbell presses. Anything that has helped you strengthen this or helped when you had issues. I know some folks are gonna say deca so i will wipe that out.

stretch a ton and look up some theraband exercises and do them about twice a week that will help strengthen them up and support you better.

Had the same problem years ago (couldnt even flat bench 135 without horrific pain) Basically I rested the shoulder, started to do more iso exercises for it and stretched and yeah there was deca too. Pain still lingers to this day, but it comes and goes.

Stretch more, do more isolated exercises focusing on the whole shoulder, and don't let ego get in the way of repair. Don't try to throw a ton of weight before you're fixed. I had those issues... a dislocated shoulder 7 times, and rotator issues. I tried too much too fast and it hurt me all over again. So I just took my time, went light, did the exercises, and got back to normal. Now I'm better than ever. My shoulders are strong and I don't have any issues.

I have had My left shoulder scoped & fractured My right & can't put enough stress on stretching & warming up(2-3sets superlight to get the blood through it)

Anyone have some suggestions on things to do to help with rotator cuff issues. I can barely do incline dumbell presses. Anything that has helped you strengthen this or helped when you had issues. I know some folks are gonna say deca so i will wipe that out.

This sounds crazy, but hear me out. Have you gone to a massage therapist and told them about it?? I had horrible pain in my rotator cuff on any pressing or fly movement. I told my massage lady about it and she went to town on these knots I had under and around my scapula. 2 treatments and all pain and weakness is gone. The massages made my eyes water though. You have to try it. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't experience it.

Along with a massage therapist a GOOD chiropractor could help too. It could be something is out of place and restricting movement, hitting nerves, causing pain etc...

I use a #1 powerlifting band to warm up and perform front raises, side raises, clockwise and counterclockwise rotations to both the front and side and haven't had an issue with my shoulder (knock on WOOD!!)

i dealt with that for a couple years...the only thing i could do to help was really warm up and stretch the area before any shoulder or chest work out

now its actually not an issue any more...i think it from a couple rounds of igf

Ive been using bands to do lateral raises lately myself.

I didnt mean bands for hypertrophy training. I mean it for small exercises for the rotator cuff itself. Each muscle in the cuff has a different movement obviously do internal, external, and read up and get a few more exercises and do them on the weekends on your off days or something it will help strengthen that entire cuff as a whole and your pain will lessen most of the time.

Back