Which dip style do you prefer?

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
A dip machine, or regular dips?

Ive been doing the Hammer Strength seated dip, but thought about trying regulars again.

I don't think I've done regular dips since my pec rupture. It sucks as they used to be my favorite. I just started using the Hammer dip machine with my hands way back as a tricep exercise and I really like it as long as I keep the weight reasonable. Once I start going heavy my shoulders start to hurt.

normal dips , I remember back the first year i started training , the hammer dip machine at the machine had a stack not free weights and no additonal brackets for weight , I could do the whole stack on dips. That was when I was still a nooby.

I feel normal dips work better for me anyway.

I love normal dips! I sometimes have a partner stand behind me and hold/pull my feet back towards them so i can isolate my chest when i do them for pecs, but i normaly do them for tri's without anyone pulling my feet out and just going straight up and down

Ive never thought about having somebody hold my feet , I just lean foward a I might try that sometime. I never do dips for solely triceps or tricep isolation.

However it does feel great when you say lift yourself up on a counter with your palms facing behind you , triceps for me get hit great. Of course Ive only done them that way while sitting in a V and balancing in the air maybe thats why it hits my triceps so hard.

The machine is alright, but I found many people doing it like to cheat a few reps by using their body weight to bring the weight down, rather than focus on their tri's. Definitely agree with the people with weighted dips with a belt, but I don't recommend doing weighted dips every time.

If you work with your hands a lot. I used to work in the oil fields. And after a few years of working with my hands, and doing weighted dips, I have developed beginning of arthritis in both hands as well as beginning of carpal tunnel in both wrists.

This is also due to previous car accidents, and boxing experience, but just thought I would give my two cents.

Back