Shoulder Injury Help

Rep

Gold Member
About 4 weeks ago, I was being an idiot and picked up a girl by my pool and raised her above my head to throw her in the pool. When I picked her up from the side, it felt like a bad angle but she was only 120lbs. The next day my shoulder hurt like a Muth bruther. Its been 4 weeks and its only gotten worse. I am babying it big-time. Gotta keep the shoulder in tight when I lift. This happened one other time last year,,,. yes Im an idiot. I was throwing my son inside the pool and it took 5 MONTHS to heal. This time it seems a little worse. It feels like something is pinched. Any ideas to speed this recovery??

If you have ins go get an MRI and maybe a cortisone shot will fix up. I hope it's just small fibrous tears bro! Good luck!

About 4 weeks ago, I was being an idiot and picked up a girl by my pool and raised her above my head to throw her in the pool. When I picked her up from the side, it felt like a bad angle but she was only 120lbs. The next day my shoulder hurt like a Muth bruther. Its been 4 weeks and its only gotten worse. I am babying it big-time. Gotta keep the shoulder in tight when I lift. This happened one other time last year,,,. yes Im an idiot. I was throwing my son inside the pool and it took 5 MONTHS to heal. This time it seems a little worse. It feels like something is pinched. Any ideas to speed this recovery??

Sounds like small tear or injury to the rotator cuff.. I had mine repairded due to auto wreck accident and what a bitch that is.. I would ice and avoid use of the arm as much as your life will let you .. Igf into the shoulder at all areas and I even got tons of help from deca ..now my repaired side is better than non repaired ..But ice and keep flexible and Thera bands to slowly strengthen weeks from now.. Sorry to hear brutha..

I'd get an MRI to see what damage is done and then you can further decide on what the next step is

If you can, get an MRI. I've injured my anterior delt like that before but there was an audible rip. Ultrasound helped dramatically. It took about a month before it was 100%. Is it the muscle or the shoulder joint? Obviously IGF in the area also helped dramatically. When I first did it I could raise my arm

What movements are causing the most discomfort? Do u have any loss of function (ex...cannot lift arm straight up or straight out)?

It hurts mostly when I do bicep curls or lateral movements. Fuck, it hurts to jack-off, lol. I had my left shoulder operated on about 6 years ago. I think its a ton of inflamation and will get better in 5 months like the last injury. It REALLY sucks bc it is hindering my workouts. Im trying to break thru this platueu. One step forward and 2 back sometimes. It does feel much better with motrin running but that shit is hard on the renal system. Thanks for the feed-back guys

It hurts mostly when I do bicep curls or lateral movements. Fuck, it hurts to jack-off, lol. I had my left shoulder operated on about 6 years ago. I think its a ton of inflamation and will get better in 5 months like the last injury. It REALLY sucks bc it is hindering my workouts. Im trying to break thru this platueu. One step forward and 2 back sometimes. It does feel much better with motrin running but that shit is hard on the renal system. Thanks for the feed-back guys

Scar tissue... I've been through that more times than I can count with all of my injuries and surgeries. In the long run breaking it up is a great thing, but it sucks now. I agree totally with Jakeywontoo

Keep in mind the long head of the biceps tendon runs through the shoulder joint itself. So an injury to that tendon would cause both shoulder pain as well as pain when curling (and jacking off)

Back