Another leg injury from the dislocated knee

The Dude

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
As you guys know I dislocated my right knee on 5/26 and tore some ligaments and muscles. The knee and leg seems pretty much back to normal, but I still have mental issues and favor it. Today while trying to get back up to some decent weight I tweaked the top of my left V. Medialis with only 335 on the bar. This isn't heavy for me at all, but still!! Fucking irritating! I'm going to start IGF applications in a couple days so hupefully that will help, but it seems my problems are just mental at this point. This shit is irritating! I'm wondering if I should change things around to try to get through this issue. Any ideas??

Dude why the fuck are you even trying to lift 335 while still going to physical therapy? You are the creator of your own problems.

I guess I should still be babying it. I worked up to 315 for 20+ last time so I didn't think 335 would pose any issue. I'm too damn impatient I guess. The Dr's said I could start a month ago and slowly progress which is what I'm doing. I guess I'll back it down again.

I would ask for some cortisol shots into those tendons and ligaments there. I think that could really help you a lot.

I would ask for some cortisol shots into those tendons and ligaments there. I think that could really help you a lot.
doesnt that just mask the pain, so you push harder, dont feel pain, think your fixed, and then the shit wears off and you did MORE damage than you had originally?? I might be thinking of a different shot, not sure

doesnt that just mask the pain, so you push harder, dont feel pain, think your fixed, and then the shit wears off and you did MORE damage than you had originally?? I might be thinking of a different shot, not sure

This was my original thought as well. My ortho corrected me in saying those issues are caused by guys getting them repeatedly and continuing at 100% until shit just completely blows up. He said 1 shot completely stops the inflammation and allows healing processes to begin much earlier than they otherwise would. If my right knee / leg was the issue I would do it. I'm pretty sure its healed now though. My issues have to deal with relearning to gie it 50% of the load and getting my balance again. I keep hurting the OTHER leg.

No not at all, it simply will help with the inflammation. You definitely would still not be able to push that hard.

This was my original thought as well. My ortho corrected me in saying those issues are caused by guys getting them repeatedly and continuing at 100% until shit just completely blows up. He said 1 shot completely stops the inflammation and allows healing processes to begin much earlier than they otherwise would. If my right knee / leg was the issue I would do it. I'm pretty sure its healed now though. My issues have to deal with relearning to gie it 50% of the load and getting my balance again. I keep hurting the OTHER leg.
When i had bicep tendonitis bad, and had an MRI done, it showed my tendon was not ruptured, but really aggrivated and inflamed. My doc said exactly what i said in my above post. If its good for inflammation, im kinda pissed that my doc didn't give me one......

I understand why you were still squatting, in fact I had a very similar injury an ACL tear and sublexation of my right knee

It would pop out from time to time and I would still train heavy with it wrapped, i remember doing Yoke which is a strongman event where you half squat the weight and then run with it...I was still going up to 8 or 900lbs, then I realized, if my knee dislocates even a little with that weight, Im going to destroy it all...

I took alot of time off from legs, and I focused on adductor and abductor exercises...Now this little trick I learned from SupermanPC, which btw, where is he????

It is very effective in keeping size on your legs, you wont keep strength, but be careful man, I know how you feel, in fact I still have problems even a year later with it, because I did PT and not surgery...

Hope it helps to hear it from someone else who went through it...I think Presser had a knee injury likewise previously...

Guys, the leg that suffered the dislocation and all the damage isn't causing me any pain or weakness. I just can't seem to get it to work in conjunction with the other which is causing my good leg to get injured. I have to really focus to get the right (damaged) leg to contract, balance, etc. Its like I'm struggling to teach the right leg to walk normally again.

The opposite side always gets an overuse injury trying to compensate.

Just do unilateral work for now till the weak side comes up or the strong side will over-compensate and you will get problems in the stronger side.

As you guys know I dislocated my right knee on 5/26 and tore some ligaments and muscles. The knee and leg seems pretty much back to normal, but I still have mental issues and favor it. Today while trying to get back up to some decent weight I tweaked the top of my left V. Medialis with only 335 on the bar. This isn't heavy for me at all, but still!! Fucking irritating! I'm going to start IGF applications in a couple days so hupefully that will help, but it seems my problems are just mental at this point. This shit is irritating! I'm wondering if I should change things around to try to get through this issue. Any ideas??

Occasionaly I have an issue with my left ACL I tore when I was 16...it kinda pops out and pops in and tears cartilage I I twist it funny....last time this happened I threw some igf-1 and mgf as deep as I could tolerate for two days...usually takes 2 weeks to get back to normal..this time 4 days.

Occasionaly I have an issue with my left ACL I tore when I was 16...it kinda pops out and pops in and tears cartilage I I twist it funny....last time this happened I threw some igf-1 and mgf as deep as I could tolerate for two days...usually takes 2 weeks to get back to normal..this time 4 days.

I did this on my recently strained left V. Medialis along with ultrasound right after it happened. Today is leg day and I'm going to see if I can do some light work to get some blood in there along with IGF pre and MGF post.

I did this on my recently strained left V. Medialis along with ultrasound right after it happened. Today is leg day and I'm going to see if I can do some light work to get some blood in there along with IGF pre and MGF post.
Just don't push too much... you know you will at least think about it.

I got your message, I'm going to call you in a few.

Back